easy donation schedule
I finally created a free software “donation and thanks” schedule for myself, using free tools!
Here is my schedule: sam.nipl.net/thx. I’m sure I missed some projects.
here’s the process:
- write down a list of projects to support
- can double up on the most important projects (Debian)
- shuffle the list, I used my shuffle; or try /usr/bin/shuf
- put dates at the front, I used: uthx_dates 2 weeks
- make a donation of whatever amount when it comes due!
- can add new projects at the end, or insert somewhere random
Normal people like you could use a spreadsheet for this, or should I say “less abnormal”?
It’s an idea I had a long time ago, but was to lazy and tight to do it until now. There are too many projects it’s not practical to make a $2 donation to each project each month, so it needs to be organised somehow. The random shuffle is to make it fair and even, in case other people would do a similar thing. This is a much simplified version of my first grandiose and unfulfilled plan for this! I’d like to make a web-app to help with this simple approach for supporting free software.
As I’m a developer, I intend to add more libraries and such to my list.